I’m happy to report that the reason I’ve been absent from my blog lately is a good one… I’ve been busy with work! So busy in fact that I’ve had to enlist some help with Jed beyond his preschool hours. Starting today, his favorite teacher is taking him after school once a week for a few hours so I can have more time. I’m so thrilled with this extra time, I’m practically giddy! I have so many things that I want to do that I have to remind myself, this will happen every Wednesday, not just today. How many people can say they look forward to Hump Day?
I hope you don’t think I’m a horrible mom because I’m happy about this extra time without Jed. It’s not about not being with him… it’s about doing things that I simply cannot do when he’s here. Here are a few things I hope to tackle today:
- Work projects. These comes first!
- Shower. Yes, I have to put this on a list or it doesn’t seem to happen. It will be 12noon and I will have been on the computer all morning in my PJs, then time to pick up Jed…
- Taxes. No, I don’t have the seasons mixed up. We are just the ultimate procrastinators and our very FINAL extension deadline is Monday. From April.
- Walk the dogs. This is a walk for me and for them. I’m trying to exercise more and a walk up and down our road is quite literally a hike up and down a mountain. With Jed, we get halfway down and he wants to be carried. That’s not a workout so much as a death march.
- Blog. Check!
- Put new batteries in our mantel clock. It’s been 9:50 for more than a month. Time is not on its side.
What do you do when you find yourself with the precious gift of time?